30 December, 2011

Friends! =)


FRIEND. The most frequently used word. A word that arouses feelings of love and compassion. It also brings back many fond memories and a few sad ones of drifting apart. But who is a friend? According to the dictionary, a friend is a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
A friend is one who walks in when the entire world walks out. He is the one who stands by your side, letting you experiment with your life. He silently supports your rightful activities and helps you stop doing wrong things. This person takes time out to make you a better person. He listens to all your problems and doesn’t offer a solution, but lets you find it by yourself.
My life is like Vietnamese Cuisine, containing the maximum number of unusual or different kinds of ingredients. I’ve personally had varied kinds of friends. Truthful and loyal ones, back stabbers, friends for a season and of course, friends for a reason. I have friends who stick by me through odds and evens and ones who call me up on the days they need a favor. 
In life, you’ll realize that there is a purpose for every person you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, some will teach you and some will bring out the best in you. Some may cause us pain, but we’ll learn to move on. In the end, we let go of the people who can’t treat us right and hold on to the ones who love us and can see our worth.
Friends for a lifetime. I have them and I treasure them, cause they are more precious than the most precious jewels. They are the ones I call at 4am in the morning to tell them I’m awake or run to crying when I have problems. They’re like family. Apart from my immediate relatives, they are the ones who’ve stood by me whenever I battled life’s game. They’re the ones who pull out the best in me and help tame my worst. They are the ones who arrive with a shovel at the time of trouble, to bury my problems and with bottles of Coke and plenty of movies to celebrate my success.
There are hundreds of people who impact my life everyday. They teach me things indirectly, but if I look beyond the initial shades of nature, I see their goodwill. Even if I do not implement what they have taught me, I can atleast spare a few minutes to analyze their thoughts. They might not be my friends, but they are those who can fill up those vacant positions with an effort.
Life is a collage. It’s a masterpiece. It’s a jigsaw puzzle. The pieces are efforts, that when put together form the big picture. The creases in it are filled with people whom we value. They are the ones who put our efforts together and help us bring out the best in the picture.
And those people are the ones we call FRIENDS! :)

2 comments:

  1. Karan Takewade MehraJanuary 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM

    So are we going to party or am I going to bury someone??? ;) :D

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PARTY INDEED! =D

    Love you too!
    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete