02 January, 2012

Happy New Year! :)

A new year has blossomed and a new life with crisp, new experiences is awaiting us. We have all been here before, fervently making resolutions for the year ahead, praying to God to make the year a prosperous one and hoping that atleast this year we accomplish that long-lost, well hidden dream of ours. There are already speculations about the end of the world and it is no matter to me whether you believe in it or not. But, if it indeed is true (which I so badly doubt) what are those things you want to accomplish by the end of the year? Comment in the box below! :)
What is a resolution and why take one??? 
Wikipedia defines a New Year's resolution as a commitment that a person makes to one or more lasting personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit. 
Resolutions are taken to improve the quality of life that each one of us live. We are giving ourselves a chance to correct the flaws in us. And oh yes, why follow it? Because you have taken it! Simple as that. ;)
2012 has so many events scheduled in it. I am looking forward to many of them! A look at a few of them. 
January 13 to 22nd: The first Winter Youth Olympics in Austria.
May 12 to August 12th: World Expo in South Korea
June 6th: The second and last solar transit of Venus of the century! The next pair is predicted to occur in 2117 and 2125. DON'T MISS IT!
July 27th to August 12th: The 2012 Summer Olympics held in London.
August 6th to August 20th: The Curiosity Rover is scheduled to land on Mars.
December 21st: Possibility of the world ending. WHATEVER! :P

With so many international & even spatial events scheduled in 2012, it really looks like a year to look forward to! What are the events that have happened or are about to happen in 2012 that you are looking forward to??? 

And oh, A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY OUT THERE!!! :)

Source for the events: Wikipedia


 

6 comments:

  1. Karan Takewade MehraJanuary 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

    Happy New Year Aaekay!! :)
    Have a successful year ahead.
    And oh, I really want to live everyday by the end of the year. Not merely exist, but LIVE. Make a mark (if not to the world or anybody else) to myself that I have done a task worth accomplishing. :)
    I am really look forward to the Transit of Venus! Was really happy about Jan 1st. It was not just the beginning of a new year, but the beginning of a new journey of my engagement to my long-time girlfriend. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the couple, Karan & Simran!!!! :)
    Abi, I want to give more love, grow less hate inside me and learn to forgive and forget. Also want to get good grades in my psychology major. :D :)
    I am really looking forward to Jan 17th, as my brother is getting married!
    What about you, Abi!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karan Takewade MehraJanuary 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

    Thanks Ankriti. :)
    Sorry we couldn't invite you. As I have a surgery due on the 5th, it was quite a haphazard engagement with only family members. Had planned it large, but nature messed it up.
    Thanks anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problems Karan! :)
    I need a HUGE treat though! :D
    Get well soon and take care of yourself.
    Looking forward to meet Simran tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karan Takewade MehraJanuary 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM

    Sure will. :)
    Do meet her and have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments guys! :)
    And no thanks for changing my comment box into a chat column! :D

    @Karan: Beautiful resolution K! I'm surprised you came up with something as good as this! I'm sure you'll stick with your resolution. :)

    @Ankriti: Good luck with that!
    My resolutions are to study harder, contribute more towards my future and to pursue all activities I love! I need better time management!

    ReplyDelete