17 January, 2012

Jet lag.

I was on YouTube listening to Jet lag by Simple Plan and enjoying the beats of this amazing song. That's when I saw something I hardly notice. The numbers of view for the video and shocked I was! 14,952,973! WOW!! 
The entire population of Azerbaijan or Ethiopia and Somalia must have watched this. :D
Music speaks a language like nothing else. It's understood by everybody. It inspires, creates, teaches to love and makes us fall for it. Music has become a commodity all of us can afford. Musicians and singers are role models for many of us. I remember being five years old and being struck with awe by Avril Lavigne and K.S. Chitra! Singers who sing genres which are worlds apart. But their music inspired me to learn, love, be myself and remain rooted, inspite of my successes.
The sparkle of their eyes, the warmth in their voices, the calming of their presence through their music, the beating of a listener's heart. That feeling inside which was caused by the magic in their voice. These are those things that strikes me when I listen to music. 
When I'm too tired to study, I get my books out, put on some music and I'm good to study. When I have exam jitters, a little calming music and I'm confident that I'll put my best foot forward. When we want to party, it's music again. When I'm stressed, it helps me de-stress. Music is a part of who we are. It moulds us into a beautiful person everyday. We can feel background music when we ask the love of our life out, we can hear that favorite song playing in our head during an exam and when we're sad, happy, depressed, hyper or in love, music plays a role. The first thing a baby recognizes is its mother's voice. And the second thing? The sound of Music. ♥
They say we are born alone (unless your twins or triplets) and we shall go to the grave alone. No, music accompanies us from the start to the end. Baby showers, naming ceremony, funeral ceremony. Songs are sung and music is played at all these places. 
The worth of a person's life is determined by the music he listens to. Your taste in music can determine how smart or dumb you are. That's a study! Check it out at  http://www.labnol.org/internet/music-taste-linked-to-intelligence/7489/. Don't take it seriously though, no discrimination intended to any artist! 
Let's value that one thing without which we wouldn't live the way we do! We won't part till eternity! 


MUSIC, YOU'VE CHANGED MY LIFE AND I LOVE YOU!!!! ROCK ON!

8 comments:

  1. :) :) :)

    Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a true quote!
      Thank you Preshu. :)

      Delete
  2. A beautiful piece about something I had taken for granted for so long.
    Thanks for the insight!
    Your an inspiring writer and I really think you should keep touching people with your words all your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ankriti. Your comment really touched my heart. :)

      Delete
  3. After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
    -Aldous Huxley

    One of my very favorite quotes.
    I love your language and the way you convey ideas with simplicity. A person can feel what you write. Good job!

    Keep the blog posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,

      Thank you for your comments. That indeed is a beautiful quote. :)

      Thanks for investing those few minutes on my writing. I hope you have enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing blog post Abinaya! :)
    You just have a way with words. Keep writing.
    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashna. :)
      Loads of love and hugs coming your way!

      Delete