26 January, 2012

Tea for two. :)

An author with a bubbling personality, a beautiful and passionate person, who has inspired her readers to celebrate life in every little way possible. She's undoubtedly none other than Preeti Shenoy.



If I could invite anybody for 'tea for two' today, it would undoubtedly be my Dad. My Dad works abroad and we get to spend a few days every few months. I devour the time we spend together and cling to those memories we create. They drive me and help cope up with the time away from him with a smile. My Dad is my omnipresent hero, my shower of rain after the heat, my source of inspiration, my first love, the person I miss and the person who has carved and molded me to the person I am today. When people admire something about me, I see my dad who instilled that quality in me. When I top a course or do something remarkable, I can feel my dad's happiness and look forward to his encouraging words. When life throws problems at me, I think of it from the perspective of a person who would have gone through so much to raise me. That pushes me forward and my problem seems like an anthill compared to the mountains he faced and endured to bring me up.
I can associate the lyrics of a beautiful song by Westlife to my Dad.

"When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me."

"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be."



Thank you Dad. Wherever I go in life, you shall always be that constant source of inspiration, the person who taught me to stand up for what I believe in and the one who taught me to love and live life to the best I can.


Thank you Preeti Shenoy for evoking these beautiful memories and bringing out my love for my Dad in words. :)


Loving everybody around me. :)

22 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing flow of emotions AaeKay! I loved every bit of it. :)
    Tea with dad sounds awesome! I have somewhat same emotions and can relate to your post profoundly. Nicely written. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rachit! :)

      Love,
      AaeKay

      Delete
  2. Jeez that song is one of my absolute favorites :)....a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shachi!! :)
      I enjoy reading your blog!!!

      Delete
  3. I can say the exact same things about my dad and it would all be true too.
    Sadly I can't invite him to tea anymore.

    Cherish your time!
    Stay blessed.

    Thanks for the kind words and thank you for taking part.
    Love
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your Dad would be very proud of you!! :)

      Thank you Preeti!

      Delete
  4. Aaekay

    Well described:):):)Nice one

    Regards
    Sathya

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Uncle should have a look at this...he would be so happy to see his daughter words out there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Preshu! :)
    I'm sure your Dad is your angel watching over you. He must really be satisfied and happy to have a son like you. :)

    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing post AaeKay!! I love the way you let emotions flow through your words.

    Your Dad would be so proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ankriti!
      I'm sure I'll make him proud. :)

      Delete
  8. WOW WOW WOW!!!
    Being your friend for about 15 years now, I can sense more maturity in every writing of yours. This is wonderful and is really an emotional and true account of your Dad.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karan. :)
      Long live friendship! :D

      Delete
  9. Kiara Michelle PayneJanuary 27, 2012 at 6:28 PM

    That is the most beautiful thing a daughter can write about her father! He must be blessed to have you. :)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kiara. :)
      I'm sure I'm blessed to have him!!

      Delete
  10. I'm so happy Ankriti gave me the link to your blog. Staying away from my Papa for the past five months, I can completely relate to your post. I miss him so much. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you'll be home in no time. :)
      Thanks Ashna.

      Delete
  11. I am so awwwed Aaekayyy ......dad's are the ultimate heroes!!!

    ReplyDelete