03 March, 2012

Problems? Just look around you.. Life is filled with costless pleasures.

Have you had those days where life eats you up with problems and stressful situations? Days where remorse from the past just floods into your life? It's on such a day that I decided to settle down with a book to clear my mind and look life in the eye. As I was rampaging through my bookshelf and noticed the number of unread books, I got restless and sad. I knew that it was a long time since I read a book, but it was a great solution, as it would push me into my protagonist's world (which often happens to be worse than mine) and I would end up counting my blessings! It was then that I saw my sister (five years of age) who was peacefully smiling in her sleep. My mind found it's calmness. For that moment, nothing in the world mattered to me, other than my sister. It was at such a time that I decided to visit Shachi's blog, Expressions. She writes about her cute daughter and things that matter on her blog. Her blog is aptly named, as she makes you feel the expressions behind every word she writes.
What I'm trying to say here is that, there's always a person who will you lift you up when your down. They will provide you with the solace you require and equip you with the strength you need to face the rest of the day. They will make you smile and count life's blessings. They might not be people close to you or sometimes, even people you know! They are chance encounters in this journey called life.
Aren't there situations we face in life that instantly warm our heart and leave us feeling a lot better than before? These situations don't leave a hole in our pocket and most of the time, they cost nothing! They are the costless pleasures in life. Watching a sunrise from your terrace, feeding a stray dog, a baby's teeth-less smile, staying up all night to do something you love, looking at a kid sleep while sucking his thumb, listening to the heartbeat of a loved one, stumbling on a beautiful blog, sleeping on a patch of wet grass, dancing without music, falling asleep on a mother's lap, smiling at a stranger, laughing till your stomach hurts, crying on the shoulder of a beloved, being there for someone who needs you.. All these pleasures are free and no material possession can ever equal the joy that these immaterial moments bring!
And do you know what? All these beauties in life can be enjoyed with anybody! You don't need that special someone or need to go in search of a 'special' friend who will do any of these things with you. These moments will fill your heart with overflowing happiness and leave you feeling peaceful to the brim. Yes, life is a series of costless pleasures. We just need to open our heart and eyes to perceive them.
The next time your overwhelmed by a problem, tell yourself that life offers you so much to smile for and so little to crib about. After that, look around and you will observe how true what I said is. There will be many things around you that will warm your heat and fill your mind with peace. This is not the solution to your problem.. But this will definitely leave you less anxious, more calmer and in a perfect state of mind to determine whether your problem is really worth all the stress and there will you find a solution for it.
So once in a while, when your goals slip, drop your problems, take a stand and look back at how far you've come in life. After you drop your problems, breathe, pause and look at the beautiful things around you. Then life will be a lot calmer and much more beautiful than you ever imagined. Oh! And the problem? There's no problem that exists without a solution. :)
Thank you Shachi for making me realize how beautiful life really is and how blessed I am. The most important thanks and hugs go to Ruhi for making me realize that babies do one thing better than we adults do.. And that is living every moment of life!! :)
Go out there and live the beautiful life you've got! It doesn't last till eternity and your problems don't have to too!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Simran Kapur MehraMarch 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM

    AaeKay, this instantly made my day! I woke up today morning wondering how I was going to get through the day. Unfinished assignments, the flu, stressful lectures, a job, burnt breakfast and undone laundry! And it's only 7:15am! Could my day get any worse? That's what I was thinking.
    I read your post and went for a walk on the beach.. Life really is beautiful. You just have to observe with a open heart.. And my problem? I'll make breakfast again, finish my assignments, attend my lectures, put my laundry in laundromat, try to enjoy work and take tablets to cure the flu! So, what was the problem I had after all??? :))

    Thank you so much for helping me start my day on a positive note!!
    Tight hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am extremely happy to know that I was able to influence your thinking to a large extent.. :) Start each day positively and life will always remain b'ful.
      Hugs and take care.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Aaekay - I feel so honored. You said it right - kids put life in perspective instantly and always remind us to live in the moment! We took her to play in the snow today and simply enjoyed watching her while saying "wow" gazillion times :)!

    It's awesome to connect with you via blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing to connect with you! I'm happy that I stumbled on your blog! :)
      Ruhi playing in the snow.. I can imagine the smile, those beautiful eyes and her curls bouncing with excitement! :)))

      Delete
  3. the smallest thing around us gives us so much pleasure, but we rarely realise it
    ITS LOVE AAEKAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Akhil! :)

      TYPO ERROR: Akhil clarified that he meant to type LOVELY instead of LOVE.

      Delete
  4. And i couldn't have found a better time to read this:) Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice work :) its positive n motivational

    ReplyDelete