04 May, 2012

{this moment} Getting published :)

"A Friday ritual. A single photo - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember" SouleMama


You are what your dreams are made of. If you can dream, then you can accomplish. The first step to achieving something in life is to dream and aspire. My most favorite quote on dreams is "Dream and give yourself permission to envision a You that you choose to be."
-Joy Page

On this note, let me tell you a little story. There was once a girl who lived a comfortable life. She dreamed a lot, she was ambitious and wanted to pursue many, varied career paths in life. She wanted to be a pilot, a seismologist and a clinical psychologist. While all these career options caught her eye, there was one that captured her heart. Whenever she thought about being accomplished in that particular career, she felt butterflies flutter and roses blossom. Keeping her dream a secret, she decided that she would prove her mettle during her journey of life. She started to keep a journal, she shared it with her friends and got rave reviews, pleasant hugs and many suggestions. The ones she did follow were those that her heart believed in and wanted to do, for it was a life she dreamed to experience. She started a blog and wrote. Appreciation made her feel on cloud nine. Criticism grounded her. For what she wanted to be was a WRITER. She wanted to a well published, loved and appreciated writer. :)
And that girl is none other than me (which you must have guessed by now!) :)


Yes, I got my article on 'Passion' published in an international magazine, Infinithoughts. It's by far, one of the most happiest moment in my life. I felt my dreams unfold and saw a path ahead. A path that both my heart and mind want to pursue. While becoming a pilot tops my career list at the moment, being a writer will always run parallel to every dream I have in my life. :)
Thank you God for everything. And a HUGE thank you to those read my blog and enjoy my writing. You guys make my day. :)


The link to the article is on my blog: http://ablogtoremember-abi.blogspot.in/2012/03/passion.html


And the photo's of my article in the magazine are here. :)
The magazine :)


My article in the mag :))

My article in the mag :))


The above photo sums up my entire article in one sentence. :) It was a proud and a flattering moment when people who I look upto called up and appreciated my writing!! :))

This week has been a fantastic one! It was a no-classes week at college, so majority of my time was spent time at eat-outs with friends, completing pending assignments, gearing up for finals week, quilling cards for loved ones, talking about movies, food and fun! This week was a complete package of fun, frolic, stress (finals week!), work and hugs! Lots of hugs, appreciation and smiles of satisfaction on many faces, which shielded the layers of stress that finals week was about to bring! :)


To sum it all up, my week's been filled with friends, books, chit-chats, writing articles, food, movies, fun and goodwill! :)
Hope it lasts! :) And yes, during these times too, I was reminded of the quote "This too will pass" and thus, managed to make as many memories possible! Life it short, and it is here to be lived. :)


As usual, two quotes to end my week:
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
-Walt Disney

Yes, you can lose somebody overnight, yes, your whole life can be turned upside down. Life is short. It can come and go like a feather in the wind.
-Shania Twain

Love and hugs! :)
And do let me know how your week went! :)

28 comments:

  1. Simran Kapur MehraMay 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM

    AaeKay, I'm very happy for you! Congratulations! :)
    Good to know that you had a fantastic week. And I love that cute story!
    For all the hardwork that you put into your writing, you deserve joy in abundance!
    I had a busy and hectic week, but your Friday special reminds me to preserve atleast one moment as a memory. Thanks for putting life in perspective!
    Lots of hugs and kisses! :* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simran, thanks a ton for a prompt comment! Makes me feel so honoured. :)
      THANK YOU FOR YOUR WISHES! :*
      Hope to see you soon!
      Love you!!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats AaeKay! :)
    Hope you publish more such articles and all your dreams come true! :)
    I had a lot of fun this week with you!! Thanks for all those memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abhi!! :)
      I had fun too! Your an awesome friend! Missed Karan though :)

      Delete
    2. Welcome as always! :)

      Delete
  3. Ankriti DeshpandeMay 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM

    CONGRATULATIONS AaeKay!! :) Am very very happy for you! Calls for a celebration!! :D
    Love you & thanks for making my birthday special! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celebration Indeed! :D
      Your always welcome hon and love you too! :)
      The biggest joy in life is spending time with those who love and truly cherish you! :)

      Delete
    2. Ankriti DeshpandeMay 4, 2012 at 9:58 PM

      Absolutely true babe!!! :) ♥

      Delete
  4. AaeKay, I'm extremely proud of you. I'm sure this is just the start. More of your articles will get published internationally. And the next time your article get published i get the first copy okk??????
    Congratulations:)
    AND I NEED A TREAT:D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Akhil! :)
      First copy huh? Let me think about it ;) :D
      TREEEAAATTTT! MOD Donuts? :P

      Delete
    2. Sure MOD is perfect and your veg manchurian. Dying to taste is it:D:D
      Okkkk

      Delete
    3. Alright, one of these days. Done! :D Don't change my comment box into a chat box!!! :D

      Delete
  5. awesome - very proud of you! Keep the momentum going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abinaya! That's AWESOME! Congratulations!!!! :D You must be feeling SO proud, so happy! It's a great beginning! :)
    Wish you many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashna!! :)
      I sure am on cloud 9! :))

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Abinaya! I am so happy that you are turning out to be a promising writer. Keep churning out such beautiful pieces. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaya Ma'am!! I am honored to have someone who I look upto as a role model comment on my blog. Thank you for your kind words and support in my writing endeavor through the years!
      Hugs!

      Delete
    2. Always there to support a great person like you, Abinaya! Hugs!

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for starting to follow my blog, otherwise I would never have found your amazing thoughts and skills to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)
      And I love your blog, the captions and the photographs! Mind blowing! :)

      Delete
  9. That's very kind of you to say, thank you :)
    It has been truly inspiring to read your text, feels like I know you already! Keep on going! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you akillinghope! :)
      Would love to get to know you! :)

      Delete
  10. Hi AaeKay,
    Need your help.
    Have been trying since the last couple of days to find the exact process of submitting an article for review with the Infinithoughts editorial team. Am an aspiring writer too :)
    Can I request your guidance here?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help. I recently got another article of mine published. That one spoke about emotions. I'd really appreciate it if you could leave your mail id and I can tell you the process?

      Delete
  11. That's great! Congratulations.
    My email id is: reachswatisharma@gmail.com

    Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eagerly looking forward to your email :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And I will mail you over the weekend. :)

      Delete