05 August, 2012

Blogathon Post #4: To Friendships!

This is a post that talks about random things, keeping in mind the day it is today. Friendship day!
So let's rewind, reminiscent, think, laugh and thank God for allowing us to choose the people who we call Friends.


5 things my best friends don't know about me:

* I have to ALWAYS walk on the left side, when I'm walking with someone! I get nervous and fidgety otherwise.

* I love to observe nature and people while travelling. I believe a person's character is revealed when he is surrounded by strangers.

* I want to travel the world alone. It's only when your alone that you pull out of your comfort zone.

* I love to cook. My friends think that I'm hopeless in the kitchen, which is untrue.

* I lose interest very easily. I get held onto a subject, only as long as there is some excitement in it.



5 memories with my best friends that I cherish:

* Watching and imitating the political history of Tamil Nadu (a trailer of 25 mins!) with a friend, when we went to watch Madagascar 3!

* Going to 3 Gangothri outlets in different parts of the city to taste chaat and determine which tasted best!

* Gossiping away to glory!

* Lazing away on a summer afternoon, sitting with a friend, taking in the beautiful sight and the silence. No words were needed, but the depth of the conversation was amazing.

* A trip to Kerala with my besties! The best week ever <3 p="p">

5 things I learned from friends for seasons:

* Such relationships will be lessons for life.

* Lying in a relationship is not a mistake; it is a choice.

* Sometimes it's best knowing why someone walked away. We are good enough to need an explanation.

* Life is full of fake people, who are insincere with their words and actions.

* People treat you the way you teach them to treat you.


5 qualities that my best friends have in common:


* Honest and truthful

* They know to have fun!

* Good listeners

* Thoughtful

* Loyal and always there for me.


5 things that I want to tell them today:

* Happy Friendship Day!

* Thank for being in my life and I hope you will be there forever.

* Everyday with you is a day well lived, worthy of being cherished, for it brings immeasurable happiness.

* Thank you for all the lessons that you have taught me over the course of our friendship.

* And last but definitely not the least.. I LOVE YOU!! :)


A message I sent to all friends I'm happy to have in my life: 

Crazy days and screwed up nights,
Tons of Crushes and stupid fights,
Secrets we will take to the grave,
Pictures we will forever save.
Through thick and thin,
Always true,
Friends we are,
Me and You!

Happy Friendship Day! :)


So what did you do today? Did you hang out with your friends, did you call them up or surprise them? Is your hand overloaded with friendship bands? And what is your perspective of friendship day? :)





3 comments:

  1. This was a damn cute post Aaekay - suited the occasion perfectly!!

    Friends are truly a blessing who need no reason to be celebrated ever, for they are the reason themselves :)

    I loved the poem in the end. Is it written by you?It is toooo cute, something like on those greetings which are treasured for years together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Me!!! :)

      Very true indeed!

      That cute poem was written by a friend who I lost a few months ago. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. A good read. Liked some of the "5 things I learned from friends for seasons" points. Based on some of my experiences, I strongly agree with the "People treat you the way you teach them to treat you" point. :)

    ReplyDelete