28 October, 2012

55 ficiton.

Everybody said I wouldn't make it through. The odds of beating it was close to nil. My closest support system let me down. They felt that I was slowly becoming a corpse. They didn't want to contaminate their lives by being a part of mine. But they never understood the reasons behind my action. I had a family to take care of; I was the sole breadwinner. Nobody gave me a job and I didn't see another way.
As I slowly watch my life fade away, I know I lived it to the best I could. I was a sex worker, now affected with HIV, who volunteered her dreams to give her siblings the best in life.






6 comments:

  1. "sacrifing ones happiness for others is the biggest deed" but at such times people forget and leave the person to suffer alone..
    well written..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you said is indeed true.. Thank you for the comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautifully expressed ..loved it!!

    The raw pain is so evident through your words :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME! IT'S WONDERFUL TO HAVE YOU BACK ON THE BLOGOSPHERE!!! :)
      WELCOME BACK!

      Thank you dear for the comment. :))

      Delete