27 October, 2012

55 fiction. :)

One look into her eyes and I knew what she was pleading for. Inspite of the rain, she had come into the bar with a child in her arms. She seemed frail and weak, but the baby was chubby and happy. He seemed to enjoy the atmosphere of the bar. I felt guilt. I felt grief. But I was leading a happier life with a beautiful woman now.

I turned around and walked into the rain, relieved she had never asked for a DNA test.



P.S: This is my very first try at 55 fiction! I'd love to know what you guys think of it. :) I was in double minds whether to post it or not. I've read 55 fiction on Me's blog and it inspired me to give it a shot! :)




10 comments:

  1. This is good! You should definitely do it more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashna!! You can definitely look forward to more 55 fiction in the coming week ;) :D

      Delete
    2. I'd love to! While you're at it, can you explain what this is, exactly?

      Delete
    3. Sure! :)

      A literary work will be considered 55 Fiction if it has:
      Fifty-five words or less,
      A setting,
      One or more characters,
      Some conflict, and
      A resolution.

      These are the rules, but feel free to write fiction in 55 words! :))

      Delete
  2. nice one! write more of it,would love to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely written! Anyone reading this would surely ask you to write them more often. And I'm sure you will! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachit for the lovely words!! Drop by for a week of 55 fiction :D :)!

      Delete
  4. Hey ..this was superb!!

    Rather excellent for a first attempt... please keep them pouring as I am loving it all :)

    BTW, thanks for the lovely mention, its too sweet of you to do that <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Me!!!! :)
      I have to say that there are three more 55 fiction coming up!! :))

      It's only right that I mention it! :* <3

      Delete