04 May, 2013

55 fiction.

I was the only one awake in the dark, cold station. Or so I thought. After what seemed like eons, I heard footsteps. My heart thumped and my pulse increased. I was scared of whom it could be. I pulled the blanket over me and pretended to be asleep. I didn't want to be noticed. I didn't want to be raped. Mum had told me that my curves shouldn't be visible, neither should my anklets or my long hair. She said they were signs that I was a girl.


The burden of being a rag-picker with no place to sleep and the trauma of being haunted by men who only viewed me as a sex object.  




10 comments:

  1. This one was brilliant. Try as I might, I really can't come up with these short pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very very much!! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, in a few words you have explained the pain and fear.Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Check out my other 55 fictions if you'd like.

      Delete
  3. Hats off!
    You are amazing at this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only one word "WOW" :)

    ReplyDelete