04 May, 2013

So.. What went wrong?

He told me I was beautiful,
He told me I was wonderful,
He said I’m a rock-star,
Compliments he paid me everyday,
So are you wondering..
What went wrong?

Hugs uncountable,
Non-stop chitchat,
Long hours we spent talking,
So are you wondering..
What went wrong?

When he feel sick,
I met him at the hospital,
I got lost enroute,
But I made it just as he finished his scan,
Happy he was to see me,
So are you wondering..
What went wrong?

An avid reader he was too,
Books we exchanged,
And read away to glory,
Lost in the protagonist’s world,
So are you wondering..
What went wrong?

Expectations weren’t high,
But forever was what I wanted,
I was willing to give,
But how much or how little was what he counted,
Compromise he did too,
So are you wondering..
What went wrong?

I did this,
So you do that,
Bartending happened a lot,
Tit for tat,
Now do you understand..
What went wrong?

In I went,
For a surgery,
To pull out my wisdom teeth,
Though into the sinus bone they were,
Out they went, off my gum,
But in those moments of pain,
For him I longed,
But never he was by my side,
Now do you understand..
What went wrong?

Time he never had,
To spend by my side;
I felt like an option,
On whom time didn’t need to be invested,
Now do you understand..
What went wrong?

Possessiveness was on the rise,
Jealousy issues,
With my best friend he fought,
Stuck I felt,
Between these two,
Now do you understand..
What went wrong?

Strangled I felt with him,
I had no personal growth,
Neither did the relationship thrive,
Now do you understand..
What went wrong?

Somewhere,
In the midst of nowhere,
We had lost sight of each other,
Our futures were no longer entwined,
Now do you understand..
What went wrong?

Of course,
Like with any relationship,
Lessons I learnt,
Memories I made, some I still cherish,
But moved on we have,
In different routes,
Tread we will our own paths,
But wherever you go..
I wish you the best,
For you have been a part of my life,
You have played a role in molding me,
To whom I am today,
So while I always wish you good,
I hope you shall always be happy,
Wherever you are,
Thank you for being a part of my past,
Which was once a part of me. 



18 comments:

  1. Possessiveness and jealousy can ruin a relationship, plus it should be never tit for tat, for love is unconditional. Good poem, very well narrated incidents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true.
      Thank you for the comment! :)

      Delete
  2. This one touched me Aaekay.
    I am glad that u moved on for good. Sometimes when things seem going too much out of way, it's better to let go.
    And am inspired how u accept him as one part of ur life whose importance can't be ignored. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letting go shows real strength. Especially dealing with memories and change after the person shows what true courage is all about.

      Thank you for the beautiful comment Srish! <3

      Delete
  3. You talk like Yoda too. That too on the 4th of May :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Minch Yoda in Star Wars!? o_O Why so!? :D

      Delete
    2. "forever was what I wanted"
      "Time he never had"
      "With my best friend he fought,
      Stuck I felt"
      "Strangled I felt "

      And so on. May the force be with you :P :P

      Delete
    3. You proved you're a guy :P :D

      Anyway all power to me, so hail AK! :P

      Delete
  4. People and incidents turn you into a different person, yes it is important to let go how much difficult it is we all know... Seems impossible but once we let go soul is at peace. A strange peace where there is space to fill in a person but still heart wants to keep that space empty. If we look at it it's actually very beautiful coz we GROW and EVOLVE each second at such moments... Den comes days wen we look back n smile:) that's d day we r complete:))) This ones so deep girl... You are beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this comment! Thank you very much.. It has a lot of truth and meaning in it. <3

      And that strange peace tends to increase when we find Mr. Right who increases our happiness and peace to a bounty!! <3

      Hugs dear!

      Delete
  5. as i went through ur poem i was thinking, each and every line was from my mind.every line had happened in my life in my relationship that didn't run.i keep thinking what went.now i do understand what went wrong.

    thank u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. I'm honoured that you could relate to it! :)

      Delete
  6. Really you made my heart bleed....it's my tale, infact every other girl's tale who has ever witnessed a failed relationship..kudos, awesome write-up !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a wonderful comment <3!

      Delete
  7. People come and go, for they are here for some reason - perhaps to teach you something....

    HUGS <3

    love to you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful and touching. This is how a relationship goes awry. When the going is good everything seems like sunshine.But with the cracks showing the foundations gives away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Kalpana! Thank you for the comment. :)

      Delete