11 July, 2013

Sometimes love isn't enough..

Sound trashing I always got,
For the coffee not being hot enough,
For the missing button on a shirt,
Abused I was,
Now I believe..
Sometimes love isn't enough.

He called me names,
But he said he loved me,
He pushed me around,
Disrespectful he was towards me;
Oh yes..
Love isn't enough.

He hugged me tight,
And unhooked my bra,
Trying to set my body on fire,
But sleep was taking me over,
When I said that out loud,
Forcefully he invaded my body,
Sometimes love isn't enough.

He bought me expensive gifts,
He took me to see new places,
He even called me his jaan,
But when it came down to the basics of being loved,
Respect, adoration, concern..
Zilch.
Indeed, sometimes 'love' isn't enough.



4 comments:

  1. I don't know what to write. Its a well written poem. The feelings expressed by the lady are so poignant.

    Indeed 'love' isn't enough. Its not love but violent possession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right.. Love is an amalgam of so many emotions, whereas possession only seeks control.

      Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Mind blowing... you surprise me everytime with your writing darling :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I missed your comment :/ sorry!

      Thank you so much N for your kind comment!!

      Delete